Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Who would have thought that wearing shorts in the winter would be cold?

Last night I had an interesting conversation with one of my best friends, Hannah. She lives in West Virginia, but I tell you that this girl- she's one of the closest friends that I have, simply for the fact that I feel I could tell her anything and not a single word would be said about it, and she wouldn't cast the first stone in my direction. We had a little bit of a tiff, but things are better now, simply because this girl is awesome and is simply a fantastic friend.
The little tiff was about the fact that every time that she talks to her closest friend, Shannon, I get very, very jealous and upset. Why? I am a very, very dependant person. And I get attached to people too easily. It upsets me, but it's something that I feel I can't control. No, not ever since I was in my first serious relationship.
After a good long bit of talking, Hannah was able to calm me down from my hysteria, and we were up and running again like it was just another ripple in the water. So, last night seemed to be a pretty un-eventful night as far as me seeing people went.
Today though seemed to be just a little bit more interesting than what last night was. The day started off with the usual, shower, makeup, trying to find something to wear, etc. But, then I remembered that we are playing bad mitten in P.E. (simply my FAAAAAVORITE game to play in Physical Education!) So, I was super excited to start playing this game, that is until I found out that we really did suck. Steven and Abbey and I were all on a team, switching in and out, when we lost pretty badly. Now, I assumed that my legacy of being able to play this game since freshman year was going to be great, but now I'm soon realizing that through the years, I just can't be as great as I was.
So, after P.E. came choir. Nothing too interesting happened there, other than the fact that I was instructed to take my gum out of my mouth (which I had honestly forgotten was in there!) and I spent the rest of that hour singing my little heart out, per usual. After that though, came lunch.
A few things were running through my mind as I was going through the salad bar line, and it hit me. I really want to be a vegetarian again simply for the fact that I'm really not a huge fan of meat, and it's something that I feel pretty strongly about. Having been one for a couple of years, and trying to be as involved with Animal Rights and PETA as possible will start to do things to you. Plus, did you know that there is a hormone that they inject into chicken that is making our youth develop and age faster now?! I thought chicken was supposed to be the best for you!! So, I didn't get any meat on my salad, and now, I'm trying to see if I can avoid eating meat for the rest of the day. No bit deal, just something I want to try.
Third hour, I really didn't spend my time doing anything constructive at all. I started working on my film project, then Luke and I realized that we can't start importing the media onto the computer to edit until we actually get all of it done! Ugh, it was very frustrating!
Finally though, I was able to go to art where we now are working on Watercolors. Now, I may not like watercolors, but I do tell you that some people out there are too talented for their own good with watercolor! For example:

All I can say is WOW!
Lastly, I finally went home, and that's where all the good things started happening in my life. I went home, and while I was in the bathroom, I get a call from Craig. He asked me if I would come down and shoot their video for them. Of course I agreed to, so I started walking the couple of blocks it was away to where they needed me to be. As I'm walking, I have Mika in, just jamming along to it, when I see a few kids walking around, having suckers in their mouth and yelling at some adult like it was none of their business. That definitely should have been a red flag, but I still thought nothing of it. Then, as I met Steven up at his car, the two kids turn to us and start yelling at us. The first one, who is the instigator said loudly- "Hey, the kid in the hat, yeah, you were picking your nose." Mind you, I turned to them and said "Yes, we all do it." So, I shoved my finger in my nose, and I started walking to where we needed to film. After that, the kid's like "Sick! I dare you to eat it!" so, since I really didn't do anything, I just kind of shoved a different finger in my mouth and started walking up to the place where we were filming. Then, the kids start getting bad.
The first one, who's tongue was stained from the blue dum-dum they were eating called out to me "You're fat!" and I turned to them, laughed and said "I know!" So the kid just started going on, calling me a whale, and telling me not to break the place that I was stepping up on.
Honestly, if I had been younger, and not so well, content with myself, I would have been crushed, demolished, absolutely upset. But, for some reason, this child, with Satan in his eyes did not effect me. So, how about we'll call him Satan-Child started walking up toward us, still trying to cause a commotion when I, at this point, and just sick of it. I then turn to the kid and say "Hey, how about I go ahead and call the police, and they can come down here...you know, since we need some people to help with our video.." Satan-Child just tenses up and shakes his head, his eyes real wide and this almost sneer on his face as he just starts to back up. Then, like any good Satan-Child, his confidence was built right back up, and he started going on again. Now, I can't remember all what was said, but I do know that I knew his friend from teaching him guitar before. Not exactly the brightest star in the sky. (And let the record show that I don't think bad of these children, I just believe that this is the reason why we have crime now on the streets. Never let your children raise themselves parents!) So, after a while, a third child comes up, and asks us if they can be where we are filming. This kid was very polite. So we tell them that in around ten minutes, they can do what they want around here. He then grabs his Satan-Child friend, and they go off on their merry way.
I just wish that for some reason, these children had a home to go back to. You know ta if they're out there, when it's freezing cold, trying to start fights with people that are twice their age, they didn't exactly have the best home life to begin with.
So, in a way, I pity Satan-Child 1,2,&3.
Now, after ever thing is said and done, I start to head out on a two mile walk that I wanted to achieve simply because I wasn't able to go out to the YMCA and hop on the elliptical like what I usually do. I had my headphones in, and was going along with Mika too when people drove past me, hanging their body out of the window and started to wave to me and sped off.
Now I just wish that some people in this rinky dink town had better things to do with their time. Like, count corn, or check out soybeans. I'm just sick of constantly trying to fit in with these people. But not for long, no, not for much longer at all.
Long story short, today had been a pretty okay day. I learned that I'm never going to go jogging in Korean socks again. I have BLISTER CENTRAL! Eep! Anyway, I'm going to show you guy's how big of a dork I am when I'm working out.

That was taken a few minutes after my work out, but you get the idea.
I hope you guys have a wonderful day, and keep at a comfortable climate!
Love you all!!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment