Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello World!

This is my first post to a whole new world. A world of online blogging, pictures, videos, music, fashion, every little thing that has been crossing my mind for the past 17 years of my life. So, how about we start off with a little introduction?

I'm Jessica Belless from a little town in Illinois, but next semester I will be moving up to a bigger town in Illinois! (Our campus has around 30,000 students in it... That's approximately ten times the size of my little hole in the wall town; Our claim to fame is the fact we have the tallest totem pole East of the mighty Mississippi herself.) Now, going from a graduating class of fifty students, to a graduating class of over one thousand seems a little trippy. But, hopefully I won't get too homesick for the corn and soybeans.

A little bit about myself.
1.I love theatre. I've been on stage since I was 9 years old, and have been in every stage production that I could get my hands on in the area since then. Mostly, I've only been in musical theatre, but hopefully with the school that I am going to, I will be able to refine my craft and truly know what it is like to be an actor, instead of a hobbyist.
2.I love art. I've only been able to experience being in the class for one year now, and that's something that I completely regret. I've also found out that I can draw pretty well for someone that's never had training before. Though, it's not amazing, it's something that I am proud of.

3.I love fashion. I love reading about it, I love hearing about it, I love seeing it. Though, I am one of those people that has fallen under America's curse and I am over weight (though, I am working out almost every day now, and trying to eat healthy.) The thing that upset's me though, is when I want to find some sort of trendy clothing, there must be a law saying that you have to be skinny to be able to look good in something that skinny girl's are wearing. Granted, I'm not going to walking around in short-shorts and a halter top, but I will wear some leggings and an oversized sweater becuase I do have a proportionate body. Here, I'll be honest with myself. I'm a size 22 in womens. Have been for a damn long time, and it's something that I'm working on. Honestly, knowing that Marilyn freaking Monroe was a size 16 is something that I might try to achieve in my time.

4.I love Peter Pan. I'm currently reading the book, and so far, the action, adventure, and getting lost in Neverland is something I wish I could experience for real. There's a quote from the book that I've thought about getting perminantly attatched to my body saying - "If you see me forgetting you, just keep on saying 'I'm Wendy,' and I'll remember you." Beautiful, but it ties into the fact that Peter Pan has a beautiful soul, and his love for Wendy is eternal. I have such a crush.

5.I tend to spend a lot of time at the movie theater. One of two reasons. I work there. Yes, I'm employed at the movie theater, and I love every stinking minute of it. My co-workers are great, the manager's are great, and half of my friends work there as well. Also, another perk of the job is the fact I get to see all the movies that I want...for free! Yep, any new release I could go in and just watch without paying a dime. Sort of beautiful, isn't it? Well, not working there, the grease from the popcorn is just terrible for my face.


Well, there are five big facts about me, and I'm sure that with reading this blog, and following along with it, you'll find out other little tidbits of information about me. Until then, I hope that you all have a wonderful day, and try to keep warm! If you're hot, try to keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment